.

"Mormon Mishaps" is at the Printer ... and ... a Twilight-inspired Perfume Contest



Mormon Mishaps and Mischief
(my latest, co-authored book) has gone to the printers! To let you share in that excitement, plus to give you the weekly chuckle, here's an anecdote from the book.

From Mormon Mishaps and Mischief: "A Good Impression" by Cathy Witbeck

One lovely Easter Sunday when I was a little girl, my mother put me in the frilly new dress my grandmother had bought me, combed out my ringlets, and washed my face. We wanted to make a good impression. At church, we met Grandma, and I thanked her in my baby girl voice for my sweet new dress. I especially thanked her for my new matching purse. Then I showed her what I had found in the barn to put inside: a dead mouse. My dad laughed. My mom didn’t.

Can I just say how pleased my co-author, D.N. (Nichole) Giles, and I are about the book? We're doing the Snoopy dance! (For those who don't know what that is, it's the little dance Snoopy does whenever he's excited.)

You can pre-order Mormon Mishaps even as we speak ... er ... I mean write, at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com or Borders. It will officially be available in bookstores around December 8th.

But ... it will also definitely be at Barnes and Noble (Orem store) on December 9th. Yes, save that date because we're having a book launch party!

Everyone is invited. Yup, EVERYONE!

We're planning on including readings by our contributors, treats, prizes, and of course, plenty of copies of Mormon Mishaps and Mischief for signings. Come join the fun and get an autographed copy ... or two! They make great Christmas gifts!

When: Dec. 9, 2009, from 6-9PM
Where: The Orem Barnes and Noble, 330 E 1300 S (University Parkway), Orem, Utah

So, remember to mark your calendar for December 9th, and I'll see you there! If you live out of state, can't make it to the book launch and are interested in an autographed copy, email me at cindybeck(dot)author(at)yahoo(dot)com, and I'll see what I can do.
--

Okay, let me take a deep breath ... in comes the good air, out goes the bad air ... and move on to the next exciting item.

Custom Scents Online has created a line of fragrances inspired by the Twilight characters, and to celebrate the upcoming movie release, they’re giving away a sampler bottle of perfume. I jumped at the chance to participate because I know so many of you are Twilight fans. Plus, it gave me the chance to try out a free sample of my own. I chose "Bella" and love the scent of jasmine in it.



The fragrances are wonderful ... yes, really wonderful. There's one for each Twilight character, and so there's sure to be one you'll love! And that includes fragrances for guys, as well.

A number of blogs are holding the contest and my blog is the last one scheduled, but once all the contests have been run, one lucky commenter will also be randomly drawn to win the grand prize of a full bath and body set in the scent of choice. How great is that?

You'll find the specifics about entering below.


~CONTEST NEWS~

LAST WEEK'S WINNER : Congrats to Valerie Ipson on winning the Yoplait YoPlus prize pack! Valerie, please contact me no later than midnight on Wednesday, Nov. 18 to claim your prize. Send me an email with your mailing address at cindybeck(dot)author(at)yahoo(dot)com.

If the prize isn't claimed by Wednesday, a new winner will be drawn.

THIS WEEK'S GIVEAWAY:
As mentioned above, I'm giving away a sampler bottle of choice of a Twilight-inspired perfume. However, you only have until midnight on THURSDAY, November 20, 2009, to enter.

How to Enter:
1. Visit www.customscentonline.com and select the fragrance you'd like if you win the contest.
2. Come back to my blog and leave the name of that fragrance in your comment. If you'd like, while you're here, slip over to my sidebar and sign up to become a follower of my blog. Mention that you're a follower, and it'll give you another entry in my contest.
3. You may also comment at all participating blogs to increase your chances of winning the Grand Prize. Click on the "Twilight Inspired Fragrances" button in the sidebar (to the right), for the list of blogs.
5. You may comment at any of the participating blogs up through November 20th, even if the contest is over at the other blogs, and still be entered to win the Grand Prize.
6. Prizes are only shipped to addresses within the U.S.

*Winner will be announced no later than Monday, Nov 23, and will have until midnight on Wednesday, Nov. 25, to contact me or ... sorry ... another winner will be chosen. Email me at cindybeck(dot)author(at)yahoo(dot)com.*

(Disclaimer: Please note my family members are encouraged, enticed, and eligible to comment on my thoughts, but unfortunately, are ineligible to enter the contests.)
--

What's playing in my head: The Snoopy Theme by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.
----

16 comments:

ali cross said...

I love the cover for your new book girls! And congrats on all you've got going on!

LaRae said...

Hey Cindy
tnhat is so cool tht you book is gone to print.
Just in time for Christmas made it all the more so.

Hey for the giveaway I would like to try "Edward" I call Lanny my little vampire becasue of his work and now he can smell like one.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Ooh - I want to try the Esme perfume. It sounds wonderful!

I'm also a follower of your blog. =)

Congrats on the book! I'm going to announce it on my blog & website this week.

Triple Nickel said...

Congrats! I look forward to getting a copy of your book.
Do you have any thing in "Old Spice????"

Slamdunk said...

Congrats on the new work--it sounds like it was fun to write.

Taffy said...

Book looks cute!
I want to try Esme.
PS My daughter LOVED the lavendar oil. So tried to steal it away!

Unknown said...

Hi, Cindy!! Congratualtions on your new book! It sounds hilarious. I would like the Bella's New Moon fragrance. It sounds just right. Thanks!!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Congrats on the book! You're soooo busy! Is there anything you can't do? I don't think so. I wish you every success. You deserve it!

Carol L. said...

Hi Cindy,
Congratulations on the book going to print. That's just wonderful. Great cover too.
If I win I'd like to try "Bella"
Thanks,
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Rebecca Talley said...

Oh, pick me. I'd like Bella.

The follower thingy isn't working right now but I'll come back and become a follower.

Congrats on the book--it looks amazing. Wish I could come to the party :(.

Dave Beck said...

Congratulations on the new book. Like all of your writing I'm sure it will be a great read!

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Lucyinthesky said...

Entering your Twilight Contest
+1 entry

I'd want Leah's scent

http://customscentsonline.blogspot.com/2009/06/leah-clearwater.html

+1 extra entry-Following you on Google Friend Connect.

rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

Heather Justesen said...

I love the sound of Bella, and I'm a follower.

Cathy said...

Thanks for posting my 'Good Impression' story. It is one of my favorites.
Can't do the fragrance thing. Too many allergies at our house. Even our dogs are hypo-allergenic. How is that even possible?

Bernie said...

I am so pleased to be even writing to a published author! How exciting! If the little anecdote included is a good example (and I am sure it is) the book should be a huge success. I shall look for it at the store.