.

You Know You're a Writer When ...

Posted by C.L. (Cindy) Beck

Tags: Thoughts, quotes, writer, humor

Photo © asafesh

Because I love quotes, thoughts, quips, and anecdotes, I decided to follow my friend Rachelle Christensen's idea and institute a Thought for Thursday post on ... yes, can you believe it? ... on Thursdays!

This first one deals with the way writers think, but you don't have to be a writer to enjoy it.


Thought for Thursday

You know you're a writer when your grocery list reads:
Creamy fresh milk
Grapes, picked glistening from the vine
Lettuce pulled from the earth by strong, brown arms

~ Adair Lara

Even though I'm a writer, I've never written a list like that. The grocery store part of my brain is much too practical ... and in much, too much, of a hurry. However, I can tell you that I love Lara's list and just might have to start doing mine that way.

Have you ever written a list like that? Drop off a comment and tell me what your grocery/hardware/mini-mart list is like. Do you write it on scrap paper? On an envelope? In pen? Pencil? Informed people need to know on this Thoughtful Thursday!


No comments: