(Keywords: Cindy Beck, Band-aids, Cedar Fort, clean drains, Crazy Eights, dogs, false teeth, humor, kazoo, Mormon Mishaps and Mischief, Oscar Mayer, tag, humorous writing, LDS humor, humor blog, funny, submission guidelines, smile, laugh)
I was recently tagged by Ronda Hinrichsen in a game of Crazy Eights Tag. The idea behind it is to tell four sets of eight things that might be of interest to others. Since I don't have much on my list of "Things with Which to Wow Other People," I'll just go ahead and write whatever comes to mind ... and tell you all the things about me that you never wanted to know and were afraid to ask me not to tell.
Eight Things I Look Forward To:
4. Having long legs and silky hair in the next life.
5. No, I don't mean long legs covered in silky hair. Then I'd have to shave more.
6. And I don't mean long legs in addition to the two short ones I already have. That would make me a
7. At this point, I look forward to learning to spell correctly in the next life.
Eight Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Breathed in.
2. Breathed out.
3. Listened for a heart beat.
4. Hooray, I was still alive and kicking!
5. Accidentally left my cell phone in my pant's pocket.
6. Washed the very same pants in the washing machine.
7. Called my cell phone from my land line and wondered why it didn't ring.
8. Wondered if anybody had loose change they'd like donate to that world-famous charitable group, "Pennies for Cell Phones." You know, the group that buys and gives cell phones to worthy
Eight Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Suck stuff out of the drain.
2. No, not with my mouth—with a vacuum cleaner. Do I hear you ask, "What kind of stuff?" Oh, I don't know ... false teeth maybe. Not that I have false teeth, but you never know what lies ahead and if my teeth (false or otherwise) were to fall down the drain, I'd like to be able to get them back again.
3. Take care of my teeth so I don't ever need to suck false ones out of the drain.
4. Invent something cool.
5. Invent something cool that would make me forty-eleven gazillion dollars so I could buy a new cell phone.
6. Learn to play a musical instrument ... perhaps a wazoo.
7. Oops, sorry that was supposed to be kazoo!
8. Learn to type better.
Eight Shows I Watch:
1-4. Band-Aid commercials.
5-8 Oscar Mayer commercials.
Eight Friends I Am Tagging (but if you've already been tagged or don't want to play, it's fine with me. I'm jiggy with it):
2. Slam Dunks
3. Doug Johnston
4. Joyce DiPastena
5. Anna Junus
6. Dave Beck
7. Bron Bahlmann
8. Russ Beck (who doesn't have a blog ... but maybe getting tagged will inspire him to start one.)
Here are the Rules:
1. Mention the person who tagged you.
2. Complete the list of 8's.
3. Tag 8 other bloggers.
4. Tell them they have been tagged.
What's playing in my head: Oscar Mayer Bologna Theme Song.