.

"Cup of Comfort for Breast Cancer Survivors" book winner!

As promised in my blog on October 23, 2008, I gathered the names of those who entered the contest for the drawing for a "Cup of Comfort for Breast Cancer Survivors." Then, I wrote the names on slips of paper, scattered them on the floor, and let my dog, Corky Porky Pie, sniff out the winner.

In typical dog fashion, he pushed the papers this way and that, hoping one of them held a treat. When nothing yummy turned up, he totally ignored his vital role in the contest and looked at me to see if I had any dog cookies in my pockets.

I encouraged him to pick a winner with the command, "Take it!" He paid no attention to me.

Then, my husband, Russ said, "Bring it!" And the little four-legged darling (Corky Porky Pie, not Russ) grabbed two entry slips and brought them to me!

Therefore, someone is extra lucky tonight ... and the TWO winners are Lori Conger and Nichole Giles. Since I know how to reach both of you, I'll be contacting you so you can give me your mailing address.

Congratulations to you, and thanks to everyone who commented and entered the contest!

----

2 comments:

Nichole Giles said...

Woo hoo! I'm a winner? That's so cool. How exciting.

Tell Corky Porky Pie thanks for me! What a good dog he is. In fact, next time I see him, maybe I'll bring him a bribe...I mean, treat.

Nichole

Lori Conger said...

Wow! Thanks, Cindy. I like that dog of yours--he's very smart. Can't wait to see the book. Thanks again.