.

Small Business for Dummies--6 Phases of a Project




Back in the days of Velociraptors, when people working in corporate offices used to type on those ancient business machines known as typewriters, someone gave my hubby a list called, "The 6 Phases of a Project." That probably was in 1922, and I just recently ran across it in his home office on Wednesday.

(Shhh, don't tell him I said this but it shows how often he de-junks the business memos in his drawers. No, wait! I don't mean he de-junks in his drawers ... as in jockey shorts drawers, but that he seldom de-junks the stuff in his desk drawers!)

(Whew, glad I straightened that out.)


Anyway, so this is a man who still has his matching baby hat and coat tucked away in his dresser. And who probably has ticket stubs to the first movie we ever attended together. Kinda sweet, really. Except...

He also has old, hole-y sweatshirts in his closet and a cap advertising a farm implement company from 30 years ago. I refused to allow the dusty ol' thing in the house, and made him put it in the garage.

Yet ... here's food for thought. I'm becoming a bit old and dusty myself, and he hasn't thrown me out or even hung me in the garage, so perhaps I'd better not complain.

And now that I've digressed sufficiently for the moment, let's get back to the phases of a business project. You're gonna love it!

6 Phases of a Business Project

1. Enthusiasm.

2. Disillusionment.

3. Panic.

4. Search for the guilty.

5. Punishment for the innocent.

6. Praise and honors for the non-participants.

~ Author unknown


If you have a second, drop off a comment saying which line you felt was funniest (a.k.a. "true"). My favorite was #5, "Punishment for the Innocent."
------

"Small Business for Dummies--6 Phases of a Project" © C.L. (Cindy Lynn) Beck
Tags: memo, small business, phases of a project


2 comments:

Triple Nickel said...

I think the last one, number 6, really sums it up. Kind of reminds me of congress!

Anna Maria Junus said...

Hey! You're back writing funny! I think the whole list works together. I'm voting for panic.